Monday, November 28, 2011

 Today I was interviewed for the local paper! Who doesn't like being in the local paper? For me it brings about memories of my childhood....waiting to see my swim team picture, the annual American Legion " picture with Santa" and the occasional mention in the police blotter...kidding about that last one. Or am I??
 I was interviewed by Laurelle, who is not the only one writing for the Methow Valley News but is my favorite because I have had the opportunity to hang out with her before and feel most comfortable with her.
 It was neat to see someone new in the Studio. Formally I have a Private Studio so I do not get visitors. Sure Mom will pop by and of course April brings me Tea (Thanks :) ) but it was nice to see a new face in my space.
  We chatted about my beginnings as a glass artist, how long I had been doing blown glass...all of the basics. I did a demonstration, the usual. I have to say it was the most I had talked about myself ever! Of course I felt when it was time for Laurelle to leave, that I had covered all of the bases, everything that I wanted to say. Then about 20 min later while continuing my work day, the "should have's" started flooding in...... and it goes a little something like this:
  ooo I should have.....
- Told her that most of the tables were made by April and Me from the freight crates that the equipment came in.
 - That I have never been more comfortable doing anything else.
 - That the few times in my life that I had not been able to make glass, for one reason or another, had been some of the most heartbreaking and "Lost" times of my life and in order to not feel that heartbreak ever again  the only solution was to build my own studio. Something that only I had the power to make a success or a failure.
- That Blowing Glass is the one thing I have been truly in Love with and have felt no hesitation about. It is the thing that makes the saying "Love what you do" have meaning for me.
- checked my hair before she took pictures. :)

So , I'm sure I did say all I needed to say at the time. All of the other stuff about how much I love it, and such I think is better left for a blog anyway. After all, what else would I have to write about?

 Thank You, Laurelle for sharing the morning with me and helping to spread the gospel of glass to the masses. I look forward to seeing the end result!

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a fun day. Laurelle is fun to talk with. We bumped into each other at Hanks the day before Thanksgiving and set up shop between the candy and break isles. We talked and watched people.

    Talk soon,
    jjw

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! It was my pleasure to get a rare private tour of the studio and find out all the sordid (heh-heh) details of your past.

    ReplyDelete