Thursday, November 3, 2011

Up and running!!

Yes! I have been up and running for a week now and It is so amazing to wake up, pour a cup of java and fire up my studio!

 Educational and emotional, no doubt. I have been reminded in the last week just how long it has been since I have blown glass (almost 8 months) and have been thankful for muscle memory. Not to mention getting the flow of the new space down. I have been less focused on the actual quality of the glass ( stones, bubble, cords, other furnace parts) and more on getting the feel of making things back. Getting my "Glass Legs" back, so to speak.

  I still giggle frequently while I'm looking around simply because the space is my own. It is a bit surreal. So far I have made several tumblers (rocks glasses, see pic) and a few beads.

Today I made some wide mouth vases, pics to come. I have also been getting April up to speed on editing the website. I'm so thankful to have her in my life. She is so excited and I like that she hangs out in the studio with me while I work.

  It's good to have a cheering section especially because I can be hard on myself. Important to be reminded about the fact that I have only been up and running for a week. In my eyes I should have totes full of awesome glass pieces packed and ready to sell this coming summer! Patience, patience and persistence.
On goes my glass-adventure or "glassventure" if you will. Stay tuned for more ramblings to come!

1 comment:

  1. So great, Sam! What an incredible thing it is to realize your dream. I know it's only the beginning, but oh the things you'll do!

    When is the open house? Maybe the newspaper needs to do a story . . . .

    ReplyDelete