Monday, August 18, 2014

2 years later………..

2 years later I decide to finally update my BLOG :)

So much has happened in the last two years.
  My business is growing day after day and I am keeping one foot in front of the other. The studio is UP, the studio goes DOWN. I have learned to take advantage of the UP times and make as much as I can to hopefully supplement the DOWN times.
 This summer has been particularly fraught with DOWN. We had some major Wild Fires leading to major damage and power outages. We at my home are counted among the lucky ones. Long story short after a total of 28 days of downtime I am up and running as of today!! It was really nice to see orders keep coming in during the down period. Good to know people are still thinking of you even tho your world is on pause. I'm also thankful to have patient and understanding customers.
  The business is growing and things are changing. After 6 years in this awesome rental, our landlord has decided to sell and we are looking for a new place to call home. Moving includes moving the studio. I have looked at some pretty neat prospects as far as new locations for the studio go. It is 3 years into my 5 year plan and by year 5 I am planning on upgrading the furnace to a larger more reliable one. I think that goes hand in hand with moving the studio…its just that I find I'm moving before upgrading. That is just fine :) Im really not picky, I'll take a cheap storefront, or a sturdy shed. I only have a few requirements….. 220V Electricity, a place to put a propane tank, concrete floors and if the studio is in a separate location away from our house, a bathroom with running water. Sounds simple doesn't it??

The search continues.

At this point I would like to say that I'm going to make a habit of blogging from now on:) I don't like to lie so I won't…….

Cheers!! Until next time and if you hear of a place that needs an awesome glass studio and artist in it, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment